Cozy Products 200 Watt Chicken Coop Flat Panel Heater
The Cozy Products 200 Watt Chicken Coop Flat Panel Heater is a safe and energy-efficient way to heat your chicken coop. It provides gentle, radiant heat to cold areas, making it perfect for chicks and chickens. This heater is also easy to install and use.
- Provides gentle radiant heat to cold areas: The Cozy Products 200 Watt Chicken Coop Flat Panel Heater provides gentle radiant heat that will not burn your chickens. This makes it a safe option for use in chicken coops.
- Perfect for chicken coops or other pet houses: This heater is the ideal size for chicken coops and other tiny pet houses. It is also thin and lightweight, making installing and moving around easy.
- No bulbs to replace: This heater does not use bulbs, so you will not have to worry about replacing them.
- More uniform heat than lamps: This heater provides more consistent heat than lamps, which can create hot spots and cold spots in your chicken coop.
- Sleek design: This heater has a sleek and modern design that will look good in your chicken coop.
- Razor-thin design: This heater is only 5/8 inches thick so that it can be mounted to the walls of your chicken coop. This saves space and makes it easier to clean the coop.
- Feet included for convenient use on flat surfaces: This heater comes with feet so you can use it on flat surfaces.
- Two-heat controls for optimal comfort: This heater has two heat settings to adjust the temperature to your chickens’ needs.
- Eliminates fire risks: This heater uses only 200 watts of power, which is very safe. There is no risk of fire with this heater.
- Saves energy: This heater is very energy efficient, saving you money on your electricity bill.
- ETL listed: This heater is ETL listed, meaning it has been tested and certified to meet safety standards.
- May not provide enough heat for frigid climates: This heater may not provide enough heat for chicken coops in very cold climates. Living in a cold environment may require a supplemental heat source, such as a heat lamp.
- Some users have reported that the heater is not very durable. Some users have reported that it is unstable and has broken after a short period.
Warranty: 6 Months
My Take on The Cozy Products 200 Watt Chicken Coop Flat Panel Heater
I’ve had this heater for a year. I used it for chicks in the brooder, and it worked perfectly. A mistake I made was putting it in the corner of the brooder where a chick got scrunched into the corner, under the heater, so it suffocated or got squashed. I don’t know which.
So, one problem with this heater, as opposed to the much more hazardous bare bulb (fire), is that it blocks an upward escape route for a chick in a pinch. Keep the heating plate out of the corners; you should be okay.
In The Coop
After purchasing more chicks in March, I put the brooder and the chicks in the outdoor chicken coop. They can be frigid if you are unfamiliar with northeastern U.S. temperatures in March. I tested the heater, and it performed flawlessly in the coop.
The chicks barely peeked out from under the heater on cold days but ran around outside of the heater during the warm ones. The heat was available to the chicks during the six weeks it took for the little darlings to feather fully.
But here’s the thing… What about a coop full of adult birds? How does it perform in that situation?
Given that cold-hardy chickens acclimate themselves to the cold and put out enough heat to keep a well-built coop warm in the winter and that heated coops are not good for chickens’ health, the heat put out by this heater should only be used to keep frostbite off the combs and wattles and feet of your chickens.
Overall, the Cozy Products 200 Watt Chicken Coop Flat Panel Heater is a good option for those looking for a safe and energy-efficient way to heat their chicken coop. However, it is essential to note that this heater may not provide enough heat to heat a coop in frigid climates.